Our Programme enables our pupils to:
- develop a positive attitude towards Mathematics.
- acquire the essential mathematical concepts and skills for real-world situation.
- develop the ability to reason logically and communicate Mathematics.
- harness Mathematical tools and technology in the learning and application of Mathematics.
TEMO (Teach and Explain Mathematics Ourselves) :
- To develop students’ Mathematical reasoning and communication skills
- To provide students metacognitive experience by
- encouraging students to think aloud the strategies and methods they use to solve particular problems.
- encouraging students to seek alternative ways of solving the same problem and to check the appropriateness and reasonableness of the answer.
- allowing students to discuss how to solve a particular problem and to explain the different methods that they use for solving the problem.
Programmes to ENABLE:
- Learning Support of Mathematics (P1 – P2): provides support for Primary One and Two pupils who lack the foundational skills in Mathematics
- Remedial lessons : provide support for pupils outside curriculum time to reinforce concepts taught in class
- ICAN (Improving Confidence and Achievement in Numeracy) : to build a strong foundation in numeracy
Programmes to ENGAGE:
- Structured Thinking Skills and Heuristics (P1 – P6): ensures progressions and continuity in the teaching of problem-solving skills
- Math Literacy and Communication : provides opportunities for engagement in investigate work that develop the thinking, reasonsing and communication skills
- SSM (Sustained Support for Mathematics): provides hands-on activities which develop conceptual understanding of Mathematics
- E-Learning : provides opportunities for self-directed learning.
Programmes to ENRICH:
- Math Olympaid Training (P3 – P6): enriches the learning experience of high progress pupils
- Mathematics Competitions: provides opportunities for pupils to identify and explore their talent in Mathematics.